Saturday, September 25, 2010

3 More weeks of....

..... i'd like to say nonsense but we all know it's so not. :o) Both these fitness challenges have changed my life and improved my motivation in so many ways. This past weigh in, which was yesterday, was pretty successful as I shaved 2 pounds over the last week and could not be happier. At first I started to over analyze it all by telling myself that i'd gained a pound the week prior so I actually only lost a pound this week. Then my mind set changed immediately to: "No, I lost two whole pounds and it's ALL good!!!" Its a fact that this fitness challenge has not been as successful as the first and I am definitely not going to make my goal. I mean come on, I would have to lose 10 pounds in the next 3 weeks and i'm sorry, but unless I drink nothing but protein shakes for the duration of this challenge, it's not gonna happen. Although, I had 9 pounds to lose over the last 3 weeks of the last challenge and I managed that one ok. Let's not forget though that I had alot more weight to lose and I paid blood, sweat and a whole lot of tears to achieve that goal. So worth it though. Whatever the outcome, I will have so much satisfaction in knowing that I was able to endure and stick to something for a whole 8 weeks. Not sure if i've mentioned this in earlier blogs but before starting my very first challenge, I went over the CATZ website with a fine toothed comb and scoured every single fitness challengers testimony. One just jumped at me and will stay with me for the rest of my life. Her words went something like this: 'If I can't stick to something for 8 weeks then i'm just really pathetic." Well, ladies and maybe gentlemen, I am NOT pathetic. I have stuck with a strict diet and fitness program for 8 whole weeks! SWEET!

Over the last couple of weeks i've been reading lots of health & fitness books as well as going thru the inter net for more info on healthy living. I've come to the conclusion that they ALL have one thing in common. What i've been doing for the past 9.5 months is a lifestyle. Eating clean and exercising is a LIFESTYLE. In order to maintain the shape i'm in I must continue to do this the rest of my life. I stopped and pondered if that would even be possible for me and the reality is that yes, I can. A week before I started this current challenge I went out and had one meal that consisted of alot of carbs, and not the good carbs. I ate bread, tortillas, candy.... You name it,I ate it. By the third day I was so sick and vowed never to do that again. An occasional burger or piece of cheese cake is fine but definitely NOT everyday. Funny thing is, I still buy bread, potatoes, etc., for my family but most times than not they opt for a no bad carb meal. Unless we're out then it's a whole different story. Most of you know my husband's story... He's not been in the best health for about 6 years. Two years ago physicians found a tunor on each side of his thyroid gland. They performed a biopsy and it came back inconclusive. Meaning it could be cancer or not.. Anyway, he has some pretty serious heart issues and his cardiologist decided it best to postpone the surgery to remove the tumors along with part of his thyroid. 2 weeks ago he was cleared for surgery and a week ago an ultrasound showed that one tumor had shrunk to almost in half and the other one, which was larger, had completely disappeared. Praise God! I am a huge believer in the power of prayer and that God works miracles even today but I also know that God also helps those who help themselves. I am willing to bet that the way i've been feeding my husband over the last 9.5 months really has a lot to do with this. After only being on this diet for 6 weeks my doctor was able to completely take me off of my thyroid medications and my levels have been text book since then. I used to think that this no carb diet fad was a little too "crunchy" for my family. Call me crazy, but I'm crunchy now! :o) Out of all the healthy living books and diets that i've read I think i'll be following The Zone method. Its alot like the CATZ diet but just not as restrictive. Really, all the low carb diets are the same with a few modifications. Some say no pineapples, others say no bananas. Some days i'll have a banana, other days i'll have a pineapple... No problem! :o)

On a funner note, I went shopping again in my closet this morning. What a morale booster that was! I may need some new jeans this winter! When I lost the first 25 I went out and bought a pair of Sevens Jeans and a pair of Lucky Jeans that were a bit too snug. I've always wanted a nice pair of really good jeans but refused to buy them until I got into a smaller size. They fit just right at this point but I already know that i'm going to try to lose another 15 pounds after this challenge and a couple new pairs of jeans will be in order. I'm thinking this time i'll be visiting American Eagle Outfitters. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment