Sunday, November 11, 2012

Doubt Be Gone!

So this morning when I woke up the temperature outside was a nippy 37 degrees and my tummy was feeling weird. I tried to talk myself out of going but after realizing that I'd only run twice last week and skipped my long run last Sunday, today's run was a must. OMG! It was so cold but I managed to run 8.43 miles at a decent pace. Many thoughts went thru my head during my run but one that stood out was how I've almost been at this for 3 years!!! That's incredible! I look back at the person I was 3 years ago and I don't think I really liked her. She was grouchy and tired all the time. Not fun at all. And she was really, really sad. Nope not going back there again. EVER.

I also was dealing with some doubt.... It's been 4 weeks since San Francisco and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do the 8 miles. I ran out of gas last week and kept telling myself that I wouldn't be able to get thru this run successfully. Once I reached mile 6 I stopped to stretch and drink some water. I also took a salt tablet and started up again. Not too bad. I think I'm going to be ok. :0)

This past week I made the decision to quit with the coffee and start drinking tea. What would possess me to do that? Well, for me, it was never about the coffee, it was all about the creamer. I love flavored creamers but adding 70 calories and all that sugar just made no sense to me at all. I did deal with shakes and headaches some but I'm fine now. I've also added Truvia as my sweetener of choice & it's good! I found a Pumpkin Spice tea by Bigelow so I'm a happy gal! I love all things pumpkin so this made the transition pretty easy. :0)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your life changes and sticking to them. That tea sounds good, I love all things pumpkin too. Happy Thanksgiving Patty. :) Join our 5K if you haven't already heard.

    ReplyDelete